Bacon Cheddar Bites
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Need a quick and flavorful appetizer you can whip up in just 20 minutes? Well, you don't need a ton of ingredients to make our Bacon Cheddar Bites and you can bet these babies will disappear right before your eyes!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine milk and butter until butter is melted and mixture is hot. Add flour and stir vigorously with a wooden spoon, until mixture forms a ball. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 egg until mixture is smooth. Repeat with remaining eggs, adding 1 egg at a time, until thoroughly combined. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop mixture by teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown. Serve warm.
- Serve this with picante sauce for dipping.
- Need more ideas for party appetizers and drinks? Check them out right here! Plus, don't forget to check out our collection of 22 Homemade Salsa Recipes.
- If you like the combination of bacon and cheddar then give out Southern Broccoli Tomato Salad a try. It's also great for entertaining!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When you get a craving for fresh baked cookies, you have to do what you have to do. Luckily, here in the Test Kitchen, we can make cookies any time we want. Our go-to are these Oatmeal Cranberry cookies. Can you blame us? These sweet oats and tart cranberries are always a treat when washed down with ice cold milk. We wish you could smell the scent of cinnamon in the Test Kitchen, but making them in your home is just as tasty.