Bread Bowl Fondue
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's an appetizer that's guaranteed to win you rave reviews...one dip at a time. Our Bread Bowl Fondue is a modern day twist on fondue that's always a hit. When you serve this all-in-one, fun-do, fondue in the bread bowl, you better stand back, or you might get trampled!
What You'll Need
- 1 (1- to 1-1/2-pound) loaf plain rye bread, unsliced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (16-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup sliced scallions (7 to 8)
- 3 ounces bacon bits
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seed
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut top off bread loaf, about 1/3 of the way down; set top aside. Hollow out inside, leaving about 1 inch of bread around edges. Cut bread that was removed from the inside into 1-inch cubes; spread out on a baking sheet and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together remaining ingredients until well blended. Spoon mixture into hollowed-out loaf and replace top of loaf. Double-wrap in aluminum foil.
- Bake 60 to 70 minutes. Place bread cubes in oven during the last 15 minutes of baking, until crisp. Serve fondue with toasted bread cubes for dipping.
- In addition to serving with the bread cubes, serve with fresh-cut veggies, too!
- If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out all of our cheesy favorites in The Cheese Lover's eCookbook: 34 Easy Recipes with Cheese. Make it a fondue kind of night and serve our Fabulous Chocolate Fondue for dessert!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When you've got fresh peaches, it only takes a few ingredients to make something spectacular. This easy pie recipe is a slice of Southern heaven and best served with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. Everyone will be dreamy-eyed with full bellies when you serve our Peachy Keen Cream Pie.