Cheesy Crab Poppers
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When you're craving the cheesy-fried goodness of a popper, but want something a little different from the average jalapeno popper, make these Cheesy Crab Poppers. They're crispy, cheesy, and have just a light kick to 'em, making them the perfect party appetizer.
What You'll Need
- 1 (8-1/2-ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) container lump crab meat, drained well
- 2 cups vegetable oil
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine corn muffin mix, bread crumbs, cheddar cheese, cream cheese, butter, egg, milk, scallions, salt and cayenne pepper; mix well. Gently stir in crab meat until combined. Form mixture into 1-1/2-inch balls.
- In a deep skillet or soup pot over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot. Add several crab balls to oil, making sure not to overcrowd. Cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Place on paper towel-lined plate to drain. Repeat with remaining crab balls. Serve warm.
Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Calories 124
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1g 11 %
- Saturated Fat 3.8g 19 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 7.4g 15 %
- Cholesterol 45mg 15 %
- Sodium 237mg 10 %
- Total Carbohydrates 7.6g 3 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.6g 2 %
- Sugars 2.0g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When you've got fresh peaches, it only takes a few ingredients to make something spectacular. This easy pie recipe is a slice of Southern heaven and best served with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. Everyone will be dreamy-eyed with full bellies when you serve our Peachy Keen Cream Pie.