Chicken Egg Rolls
Don't wait to try these easy homemade egg rolls!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You wouldn't believe how easy our Chicken Egg Rolls are to make. So easy in fact, you'll throw those take out menus right into the trash!
Some home chefs may be intimidated by egg rolls, since they are such a take out staple. But we're here to let you know that there's no reason to be! In the video below, we'll show you exactly how easy it is to make these chicken egg rolls. All you need to do is blend a few delicious ingredients, roll them up in an egg roll shell, and fry until golden brown and crispy. They're so easy to make that you'll wonder why it took you so long to give them a try at home! And, since they're ready in under 15 minutes, these Chicken Egg Rolls make a great last-minute appetizer, too.
Of course, we also love these homemade chicken egg rolls because they taste amazing. The crunchy veggies combine with soy sauce and ginger, plus chicken of course, for a filling that's bursting with flavor. Once you add the satisfying crunch of the egg roll wrapping, you have an appetizer that's so delicious you'll want another egg roll as soon as you've finished your first. This recipe is great for a party, but you may want to make a few extras since everyone is sure to want second helpings!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 6 cups shredded Chinese cabbage
- 1 large carrot, peeled and shredded
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- Oil for frying
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
What to Do
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, and garlic powder; mix well.
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, carrot, scallions, and chicken; mix well. Pour soy sauce mixture over cabbage mixture; toss to coat well and let stand 10 minutes. Place cabbage mixture in a colander and squeeze to drain well.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup cabbage mixture evenly onto center of each egg roll wrapper. Lightly brush edges of egg roll with beaten egg. Fold one corner of each egg roll wrapper up over cabbage mixture then fold both sides over, envelope fashion; roll up tightly.
- In a deep medium saucepan over medium-high heat, heat about 1-1/2 inches oil until hot but not smoking. Add egg rolls in batches and fry 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter. Serve immediately, but be sure to use caution -- the filling will be hot.
- Serve these easy egg rolls with duck sauce or spicy mustard, and they'll taste as good as (or better than!) the ones served in restaurants.
- Psst! Don't forget about the fried rice! It's the perfect go-along with these yummy egg rolls.
- If you love these Chicken Egg Rolls, then you've got to try some of our other popular Chinese takeout appetizers, like Spring Rolls, Creamy Crab Wontons, and Chinese Spareribs!
- Plus, be sure to check out our collection of 39 Takeout Dishes to Make at Home: Easy Chinese Recipes for more of our favorites. And check more great appetizers in our free eCookbook, Our Best Appetizer Recipes: 32 Easy Party Appetizers for Any Occasion.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This recipe comes straight to you from a galaxy far, far away, as we celebrate Star Wars Galaxy's Edge in Disney's Hollywood Studios. If you head that way and explore the vast Star Wars galaxy, you might find yourself in Docking Bay 7 to fuel up. That's where we got the inspiration for our version of this Braised Shaak Roast. This hearty beef recipe teams up with cavatelli pasta and lots of veggies, for a flavor-packed combo that makes this hearty and comforting recipe something worth bringing home.