Confetti Portobello Mushrooms
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The popularity of this veggie is really mushrooming! And once you taste this meaty appetizer studded with sautéed peppers and onions, you'll know why!
What You'll Need
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large bell peppers (1 green and 1 red), cut into -inch strips
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 large Portobello mushroom caps
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat; sprinkle the bell peppers and onion with the garlic powder, salt, and black pepper and sauté for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the peppers are tender, mixing well.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, or until the mushrooms are heated through, turning halfway through the cooking.
Why not turn this appetizer into a really unusual sandwich? Serve each mushroom cap on a crusty roll topped with the sautéed peppers and onions.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
How about lasagna for dinner...and dessert?! With our recipe for Very Cherry Lasagna, you can surprise your family with an unexpected dessert that's sweet, creamy, and full of cherry goodness. We'll be honest, this one is really amazing and super simple!