Confetti Portobello Mushrooms
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The popularity of this veggie is really mushrooming! And once you taste this meaty appetizer studded with sautéed peppers and onions, you'll know why!
What You'll Need
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large bell peppers (1 green and 1 red), cut into -inch strips
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 large Portobello mushroom caps
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat; sprinkle the bell peppers and onion with the garlic powder, salt, and black pepper and sauté for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the peppers are tender, mixing well.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, or until the mushrooms are heated through, turning halfway through the cooking.
Why not turn this appetizer into a really unusual sandwich? Serve each mushroom cap on a crusty roll topped with the sautéed peppers and onions.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've got to try our Homemade Jelly Donut Holes for a fun and sometimes messy treat that's great all-year-round! Wonder how we get the jelly in the middle? The secret is using a drinking straw to make space for that oh-so-sweet jelly that fills the center! Top these with powdered or cinnamon sugar, and let the family get their fingers a little sticky! Just make sure to keep the napkins handy.