We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Ever wonder how most restaurants get their garlic bread to stay so crispy? It's easy! Before toasting it, they spread each piece of bread with a mixture of olive oil and garlic. It's their little secret for that trendy, flavorful, Crispy Bruschetta.
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
- 1 (16-ounce) loaf Italian or French bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- 10 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder; mix well and brush over bread slices. Place on a baking sheet and bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden on both sides.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup olive oil and 1 teaspoon garlic powder, and the remaining ingredients; mix well. Spoon over toasted bread slices, and serve.
By baking this in a really hot oven, the bread gets crispy on the outside and stays tender on the inside.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's an all-in-one skillet meal that your family is sure to love! Our All-in-One Sausage Dinner is made with your favorite Italian sausage, along with some veggies, and yummy egg noodles. Everything cooks together in a homemade sour cream sauce for extra-goodness. And it only takes about 30 minutes!