Crispy Cheese Poppers
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you love the jalapeno cheese poppers you can buy at the deli counter, you'll go absolutely crazy for these deep-fried snacks! Serve Crispy Cheese Poppers at your next party or big event.
What You'll Need
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 fresh jalapeño pepper, stem and seeds removed, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 18 wonton wrappers (from a 16-ounce package), thawed if frozen
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, chopped jalapeño, and Parmesan cheese; mix well.
- Place a wonton wrapper on a flat work surface. Dip your fingers in a small bowl of water and moisten the edges of the wrapper. Place about 1 tablespoon of the cheese mixture in the center of the wrapper and fold diagonally to form a triangle. Seal the edges firmly with your fingers. Continue with the remaining cheese mixture and wonton wrappers.
- In a large deep skillet, heat the vegetable oil until hot but not smoking. Fry the wontons in batches for 30 seconds per side, or until crisp and golden. Remove with a slotted spoon to drain on a paper towel-lined platter. Serve immediately.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you have a big Christmas list, we've got a yummy, budget-friendly solution! Our Caramel-Dipped Chocolate Apples are the perfect DIY Christmas gifts! Everyone will love the combo of ooey gooey caramel, sweet chocolate, and crisp apple, but want to know the best part? There's an unlimited amount of ways to decorate these!