Fresh Corn Dip
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What a novel dip to serve when you're expecting company! Our creamy, Fresh Corn Dip is made with super sweet corn and lots of flavorful add-ins, so you know it's going to be addictive. Serve it in an edible bread bowl for a super change-of-pace from traditional dip recipes.
What You'll Need
- 4 ears fresh corn on the cob, cooked (see Note)
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 1/4 cup diced roasted red pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (1-pound) round pumpernickel bread, unsliced
What to Do
- Using a sharp knife, remove corn from cob and place in a large bowl. Add cheese, scallions, green chilies, and roasted red pepper; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients except the bread; mix well. Pour over corn mixture and toss until evenly coated. Refrigerate 2 hours, or until ready to serve.
- Using a serrated knife, cut a hole in top of bread about 3 inches in diameter. Hollow out bread, leaving one inch of bread around sides. Spoon dip mixture into bread bowl. Cut bread top and hollowed out pieces into 1-inch chunks for dipping.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
If you prefer, you can substitute 2 cups thawed frozen corn for the fresh.
Here are 3 easy ways to cook corn on the cob:
- Steam -- Bring 1 inch of water to a boil, add husked corn, return to a boil, cover, and cook 3 to 4 minutes.
- Microwave -- Wrap corn in a damp paper towel and microwave 2 minutes per ear.
- Grill -- Wrap each ear of corn in aluminum foil and cook on grill 15 to 20 minutes or until kernels are tender.
Plus, if you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to try out our Easy Corn Fritters!
Looking for more fantastic recipes for spring? Be sure to check out our free recipe collection, Spring Veggie Fever: 25 Mouthwatering Spring Vegetable Recipes.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Calories 248
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15g 23 %
- Saturated Fat 6.8g 34 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 9.2g 18 %
- Cholesterol 36mg 12 %
- Sodium 459mg 19 %
- Total Carbohydrates 21g 7 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.7g 11 %
- Sugars 2.3g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's a light and fluffy quick bread that's perfect for the holiday season. Our Razzle-Dazzle Raspberry Bread is studded with lots of sweet red raspberries. This bread is pretty enough and tasty enough to give as a homemade gift, but easy enough to make anytime you're craving a "razzle-dazzling" treat.