Fresh Tomato Dip
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Fresh Tomato Dip is yet another way to use those fresh-from-the-vine tomatoes. Mmm!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 (12-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 ripe tomato, cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 celery stalk, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 to 4 drops hot pepper sauce or to taste
What to Do
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor; blend until smooth.
- Remove dip to a serving bowl; cover and chill.
Makes about 2 cups dip.
Serve with your favorite veggies, crackers, or crunchies. This makes a good base for other dips, too. For a Spanish flavor add chopped olives, for French add tarragon, for Italian add basil, and for Tex-Mex add chili powder. If you use less cream cheese it can be a super fresh tomato salad dressing.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
For a fresh and quick meal, whip up our Fresh Garden Pasta! Made with all the warm weather favorites, like zucchini, summer squash, and onion chunks, our garden veggie angel pasta is a flavorful symphony of flavors. Dig in to enjoy the combination of roasted veggies that rests beautifully on top of some angel hair pasta! But the best part of this summer pasta recipe? It's totally budget-friendly! Plus, you can easily swap out your roasted veggies based on what's in your kitchen or available at the local farmer's market.