Fried Mac 'n' Cheese Balls
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
The next time you invite your friends and family over to watch a game, set out a platter with Fried Mac 'n' Cheese Balls and get ready to watch them dive, dip, and lunge for these munchies! They're going to love the crispy coating and cheesy goodness in every bite!
What You'll Need
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen macaroni and cheese, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
What to Do
- Using a small ice cream scoop or a teaspoon, shape macaroni and cheese into 1-inch balls and place on a wax paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze 2 hours, or until firm.
- In a shallow dish, beat egg and water. In another shallow dish, combine bread crumbs, garlic powder, and pepper.
- In a deep saucepan over medium heat, heat oil until hot.
- Dip frozen balls into egg wash then roll in bread crumbs. In small batches, fry balls 3 to 5 minutes, or until golden brown and center is hot. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate and serve immediately.
- Keep remaining macaroni and cheese balls frozen until ready to fry.
- If you have leftover macaroni and cheese, you can use that instead of the frozen. Just make sure it's chilled before rolling into balls.
- Check out our cookbook, Just One More Bite, for more irresistible recipes!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Imagine the taste of your favorite apple pie, combined with the taste of your favorite apple cobbler, served on a homemade shortbread crust. That's exactly what these Apple Cobbler Shortbread Squares taste like! This is a great apple dessert bar to make in the fall or anytime you get a craving for something apple-icious!