Loaded Jalapeno Poppers
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Need something tasty to tide your hungry gang over before dinner's served? Well, who could resist popping our Loaded Jalapeno Poppers in their mouth! They're a little bit hot, a little bit smoky, a little bit creamy, and a whole lot of tasty!
What You'll Need
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons bacon bits
- 12 fresh jalapeno peppers, split in half lengthwise, cutting through stems, seeds removed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Vegetable oil for frying
What to Do
In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, and bacon bits. Firmly press a heaping teaspoonful of cheese mixture into each pepper half. Cover and chill 1 hour.
Place flour, eggs, and bread crumbs in 3 separate shallow dishes. Dip stuffed pepper halves into flour, then eggs, then bread crumbs, coating thoroughly with each.
- Fill a large saucepan or soup pot with 2 inches of oil and heat over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Carefully fry a few peppers at a time, 1 to 3 minutes, or until golden. Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.
We just love appetizers so we'd like to share another of our favorites. Try our Bacon Wrapped Scallops for a flavor that's all the rage!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone knows that pork and apples makes for a winning combo, which is why we love this down-home recipe for Pork Chops Applesauce. This dinner recipe is perfect for your bunch at home, 'cause every bite is sure to deliver lots of classic flavor. (Plus, our homemade applesauce is so easy and so tasty!)