Minced Pork and Watermelon Lettuce Wraps
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Lettuce wraps are all the rage at Asian restaurants. Make your own at home with our easy recipe for Minced Pork and Watermelon Lettuce Wraps. The minced watermelon adds a novel and refreshing flavor to this healthy and flavorful favorite.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound lean ground pork
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 cup fresh chopped scallions (green onions)
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 cup minced seedless watermelon
- 8 large Bibb (or iceberg) lettuce leaves
What to Do
- In a heavy, nonstick skillet, brown the pork over high heat until well done.
- Reduce heat to medium and add garlic, ginger, and soy sauce. Stir for a few minutes then add scallions. Remove from heat and add hoisin sauce and pine nuts; stir to mix well.
- Fold in the watermelon. Divide mixture among lettuce leaves then wrap and serve immediately.
Adapted from recipe courtesy of the National Watermelon Promotion Board
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Calories 679
- Calories from Fat 443
- Total Fat 49g 76 %
- Saturated Fat 11g 55 %
- Trans Fat 0.0 0 %
- Protein 27g 54 %
- Cholesterol 83mg 28 %
- Sodium 1,070mg 45 %
- Total Carbohydrates 36g 12 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.1g 16 %
- Sugars 20g 0 %