Pistachio Stuffed Mushrooms
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Stuffed mushrooms are probably one of the most popular appetizers served at holiday parties. It seems everyone has their own version, which, of course, are "the only way to make them." Often they're stuffed with a mixture of sausage or chopped mushrooms and bread crumbs, so I decided to share a slightly different version. When I bring these to parties, they're an instant success. So go ahead and try 'em....I bet these'll become "the only ones to make!"
What You'll Need
- 16 large mushrooms (about 1 pound total)
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 1/4 cup pistachios, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick)butter
- 1/3 cup plain bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- Remove the mushroom stems from the caps; finely chop the stems. In a large skillet, sauté the chopped mushroom stems, the onion, and pistachios in the butter over medium heat until tender.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Stuff each mushroom cap and place on a large rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender.
- Makes 16.