We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 24 large or 72 small
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 5 Min
Win over party guests or even your family with these homemade, melt-in-your-mouth Potato Puffs. The warm, golden crust contrasts with the creamy potato filling to ensure that you'll never want store-bought again!
What You'll Need
- 3 pounds Idaho Russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup cracker crumbs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place potatoes in a soup pot and add just enough water to cover them. Bring to a boil over high heat then reduce heat to medium and cook 12 to 15 minutes, or until fork-tender. Drain off water, mash the potatoes, and allow to cool.
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in olive oil over medium heat until tender. Add sauteed onion, the cracker crumbs, salt, and pepper to mashed potatoes; mash mixture.
- With your hands, roll mixture into balls and place potato balls on prepared baking sheet. Brush with egg yolk and bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden and crusty.
- Don't forget to check out our free eCookbook, Our Best Appetizer Recipes: 32 Easy Party Appetizers for Any Occasion.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone knows that pork and apples makes for a winning combo, which is why we love this down-home recipe for Pork Chops Applesauce. This dinner recipe is perfect for your bunch at home, 'cause every bite is sure to deliver lots of classic flavor. (Plus, our homemade applesauce is so easy and so tasty!)