We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A Reuben sandwich is traditionally a grilled corned beef, Swiss cheese, and sauerkraut combo served with Russian dressing on rye bread. Well, these are an hors d'oeuvre or appetizer version - homemade taste, easy to make, and convenient to serve.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup (about 4 ounces) finely diced Kielbasa or Polish sausage
- 1 (8 ounce) can sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 (7-1/2 ounce) package refrigerated biscuits (10 biscuits)
What to Do
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Combine sausage and sauerkraut in a medium-sized skillet; cook over medium-low heat about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in cheese and caraway seed. Let cool slightly.
Separate biscuits and roll each into a 4-1/2-inch circle. Place about 3 tablespoons filling in center of each circle. Fold dough over filling, making sure edges meet. Press edges together with tines of a fork to seal. Place turnovers on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with your favorite dip.
Try serving this with some Russian dressing as a tasty dip.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Calories 172
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1g 14 %
- Saturated Fat 3.1g 16 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 10g 21 %
- Cholesterol 30mg 10 %
- Sodium 633mg 26 %
- Total Carbohydrates 13g 4 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.6g 6 %
- Sugars 1.6g 0 %