Savory Holiday Pinwheels
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
With all the holiday entertaining that we’ll be doing in the weeks ahead, the last thing we need is some kind of complicated recipe. That’s where this easy-as-can-be recipe come in. You see, by starting off with a few supermarket shortcuts from the refrigerated and freezer aisle, we can have fresh-baked treats on the table in minutes. And are these tasty!
What You'll Need
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons diced roasted red pepper, drained well
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 sheet refrigerated puff pastry
- 1/3 cup real bacon bits
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl whisk egg and water; set aside. In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar and mozzarella cheeses, roasted peppers, and garlic powder; mix well.
- Unfold pastry sheet and place lengthwise on a flat surface. Brush edges with egg mixture. Spread cheese mixture evenly over puff pastry. Sprinkle bacon and scallions evenly over cheese mixture. Tightly roll up pastry jelly roll-style. Cut into 16 (1/2-inch) slices and lay flat on baking sheets. Brush with remaining egg mixture on sides and tops.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Test Kitchen Tips
Yes, you can make these ahead of time and simply warm them up just minutes before serving.