Smoked Salmon and Watermelon Sushi
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Sushi-style appetizers and wrap sandwiches are hot! This recipe for Smoked Salmon and Watermelon Sushi is an unusual combo that's sure to add excitement at mealtime.
What You'll Need
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon mild curry powder blend
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 (12- to 16-inch) soft rectangular flatbread or extra large tortilla cut into a rectangle
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice, cooled (instant is fine)
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, torn into pieces
- 3/4 cup minced seedless watermelon
What to Do
- Mix mayonnaise, curry, and relish together and spread evenly over flatbread or tortilla. Sprinkle rice evenly over bread, leaving a 1-inch-wide strip down the length of a long side of the bread without rice and just the sauce exposed. Press down on rice to pack.
- Place salmon and watermelon in a compact line (on top of rice) down edge of other long side of bread - on the opposite side from the long side without rice.
- Starting with the side of the bread that has salmon, rice and watermelon, roll over the bread to enclose the salmon and seal roll with strip of bread with sauce and no rice, forming a cylinder.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour. Using a sharp, serrated knife, cut cylinder into 2-inch slices, simulating the look of sushi. Arrange on a platter, and serve.
Adapted from recipe courtesy of the National Watermelon Promotion Board
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 222
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2g 11 %
- Saturated Fat 1.1g 5 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 7.4g 15 %
- Cholesterol 10mg 3 %
- Sodium 770mg 32 %
- Total Carbohydrates 29g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.5g 6 %
- Sugars 4.9g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This hearty, all-in-one, beefed-up dinner will definitely knock your lederhosen socks off! Our Slow Cooker Short Ribs and Cabbage is a German-inspired dish that features meaty ribs in a sweet and tangy sauce with lots of cabbage. It's a slow cooker dinner that'll have everyone saying, "Ach Das Schmeckt!" (That's "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!" in German!)