Tomato Mozzarella Toast
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Don't be fooled by the name! This "toast" is the perfect party appetizer, light lunch or supper! With the garden-fresh taste of Tomato Mozzarella Toast, you'll be the "toast of the table!"
What You'll Need
- 4 large ripe tomates, cored and chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/3 cup thinly chopped fresh basil or parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 (8-inch) Italian rolls
- 8 thin slices (about 1/4 pound) prosciutto or baked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
What to Do
- Preheat the broiler. In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, 2 tablespoons olive oil, the basil, garlic, salt, and pepper; let stand 30 minutes.
- Slice rolls in half horizontally. Brush cut sides with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil; place on shallow pan and broil until golden.
- Reserve about 1/3 cup tomato mixture; spoon remaining tomato mixture on rolls, dividing evenly. Top each with 2 slices of prosciutto, 1/4 cup mozzarella, and an equal amount of reserved tomato mixture. Broil until cheese is melted, about 3 minutes. Serve immediately.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Ready to change up your sides? Our Vegetable Couscous recipe is a Moroccan-favorite and it's so versatile, it'll never get old! Not only can you switch it up with your favorite veggies, but you can eat it hot, or cold! Now that's definitely a side dish to put on the menu!