Tomato and Basil Bruschetta
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What's a holiday party without a few festive touches? I mean, besides the Christmas cookies and colorful decorations on the table, why not make some of the munchies spirited, too - like this tomato and basil bruschetta? It's color-coordinated especially for the holidays!
What You'll Need
- 1 loaf (12 ounces) French bread, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded (not grated) Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 large tomato, chopped
What to Do
- Preheat the broiler.
- Place the bread cut side up on a baking sheet. Brush evenly with the olive oil. Sprinkle with the salt, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, the basil, and tomato. Top with the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and broil for 4 to 7 minutes, or until the bread is golden.
- Slice and serve.
- Makes about 1 dozen slices.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Whether you're a dunker or a dipper, our Parmesan Onion Board is the perfect addition to your best soup recipes! It's got the bold flavors of onion, poppy seeds, and Parmesan cheese, and let's face it, that goes with just about anything!