Mediterranean Vegetable Tart
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Whether you’re looking for just the right thing to serve for Easter or Mother’s Day or you just need a special something to brighten up your table, then look no more. Since this recipe starts with a bunch of refrigerated and frozen shortcuts, it couldn’t be easier. One hint we do want to share with you… since this looks and tastes super fancy, let’s keep how easy it is our little secret.
What You'll Need
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed (from a 17.3-ounce box)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup garden vegetable cream cheese spread
- 6 frozen asparagus spears, thawed and trimmed
- 1/2 cup frozen whole baby carrots, thawed and cut in half lengthwise
- 1/2 cup frozen diced pepper and onions, thawed
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Unfold puff pastry and place on a baking sheet. Brush egg around the edge of the pastry, about 1” all around. Fold over 1/2 inch of pastry, creating a lip.
- Spread cream cheese evenly over the center of pastry. Now, arrange asparagus, carrots, and peppers and onions on top of cream cheese, as shown; sprinkle with feta cheese
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, garlic powder, and salt; mix well. Brush mixture over vegetables and cheese.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until pastry is puffed and golden around the edges. Cut into pieces and serve warm.
Check This Out!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've made a rise 'n' shine pastry that you can enjoy with your morning cup of coffee that has...well, a twist to it! Our Chocolate Peanut Butter Twists are pretty enough to serve for a special brunch, but easy enough that anyone can make 'em. Plus, they feature everyone's favorite combo of chocolate and peanut butter!