The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Game Day Recipes: 30 Best Munchies for a Crowd
Secret Ingredient Stuffed Mushrooms
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- 18 to 20
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
This year with holiday entertaining taking on a whole new mindset, these fill-ya-up stuffed mushroom should be tops on your "must make" list. You see, by using U.S. Farm-Raised catfish as our secret ingredient, it keeps these super moist, packed with protein, and holiday special.
What You'll Need
- 3/4 pound U.S. farm-raised catfish fillets
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seafood seasoning, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 pound Baby Bella mushrooms (about 18 to 20)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Place catfish on baking sheet and lightly sprinkle with seafood seasoning. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until fish is firm in center; let cool. Gently flake catfish and set aside.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and set aside. Place mushroom caps on baking sheet that has been coated with cooking spray again.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, Swiss cheese, scallions, 1/4 cup breadcrumbs, remaining 1-1/2 teaspoons seafood seasoning, the crushed red pepper, and Worcestershire sauce; mix well. Gently stir in flaked catfish.
- Using a teaspoon, mound mushroom caps with catfish mixture. In a small bowl, mix remaining 1/4 cup breadcrumbs and the 1/2 teaspoon paprika. Sprinkle mixture over mushrooms.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until warmed through and lightly golden.
Check This Out!
- For more amazing catfish recipes, visit The Catfish Institute!
- Try our Barbecue Chip Catfish, or our Buffalo Style Catfish Sliders.
- For more party appetizers, make our Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers, our BLT Bites, or our Come-'n'-Get-It Sampler Platter!