Gooey Peanut Butter Squares
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Whether you've got kids to take to after-school activities or just an afternoon of errands planned, these Gooey Peanut Butter Squares make for a great on-the-go snack. They're ooey-gooey sweet while still packing in some nutritious ingredients, like whole-grain cereal and protein-rich peanut butter. They're sure to keep everyone going!
What You'll Need
- 1 (10-ounce) package marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup peanut butter, divided
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 6 cups toasted whole grain oat cereal (Test Kitchen used Cheerios)
What to Do
- Coat a 10- x 15-inch baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave marshmallows and butter 60 to 70 seconds, or until melted. Mix in 1/2 cup peanut butter and 1 cup chocolate chips, stirring until smooth. Add cereal and mix until evenly coated. Spread evenly on baking sheet and sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips, lightly pressing them into cereal mixture.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave remaining peanut butter 5 seconds. Place in a small resealable plastic bag and snip off one corner. Drizzle peanut butter over cereal mixture.
- Let firm up then cut into squares.
Looking for other take-along snack ideas? Then you may want to whip up a batch of our easy-to-make Grab 'n' Go Granola Bars!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 21
- Calories 250
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 13g 19 %
- Saturated Fat 5.8g 29 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 3.2g 6 %
- Cholesterol 4.4mg 1 %
- Sodium 115mg 5 %
- Total Carbohydrates 35g 12 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.4g 6 %
- Sugars 22g 0 %