Gram's Gingerbread Cookie Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Nobody loves gingerbread as much as Gram does, and nobody bakes it like she does either. Gram's Gingerbread Cookie Bars are a homemade holiday treat that taste like they've got grandma's love baked right in!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 (16-ounce) container cream cheese frosting
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, 1-1/2 teaspoons nutmeg, the ginger, and salt; mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat butter, sugars, molasses, and vanilla until smooth. Beat in egg. Add flour mixture and mix until well combined. Press dough evenly into bottom of baking dish.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool, then frost with cream cheese frosting and sprinkle with remaining nutmeg. Cut into bars.
Love this easy gingerbread cookie recipe? Be sure to check out the rest of the holiday cookies we've featured in our 2015 Christmas Cookie Countdown!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Calories 250
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3g 14 %
- Saturated Fat 4.8g 24 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 2.3g 5 %
- Cholesterol 29mg 10 %
- Sodium 336mg 14 %
- Total Carbohydrates 40g 13 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.7g 3 %
- Sugars 25g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Imagine the taste of your favorite apple pie, combined with the taste of your favorite apple cobbler, served on a homemade shortbread crust. That's exactly what these Apple Cobbler Shortbread Squares taste like! This is a great apple dessert bar to make in the fall or anytime you get a craving for something apple-icious!