Key Lime Coconut Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 15 Min
- CHILL TIME
- 3 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
If you could enjoy a key lime pie in a dessert bar form, would you? If you answered yes, then you're going to love this recipe for Key Lime Coconut Bars. These dessert bars are rich, tart, and feature a welcome coconutty twist!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed coconut cookies
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, stir cookie crumbs and butter with a fork, until thoroughly combined. Press evenly into bottom of baking dish.
- In a bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Beat in lime juice and zest. Spread over cookie crumb crust.
- Bake about 35 minutes, or until center is set. Cool 30 minutes, then chill at least 3 hours before cutting into bars and serving.
Since we eat with our eyes, why not top each bar with a sprinkle of lime zest or some shredded toasted coconut?
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When it comes to Christmas cocktails for your next holiday party, we've got one that's elf-tested and Santa-approved! It combines the refreshing taste of pomegranate with just enough rum to put everyone in the holiday spirit! While Santa usually caters to the kids, this spritzer is an adult-only beverage that will have everyone "rockin' around the Christmas tree" this holiday season.