We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This easy recipe for Oatmeal Bars is melt-in-your-mouth delicious. Maple syrup, chocolate chips, and a bit of allspice give these oatmeal bars their distinctive, old-fashioned taste. These crumbly Oatmeal Bars make are great for snackin' on anytime of the day!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 1 tablespoon maple or maple-flavored syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cups quick-cooking or old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips or raisins (optional)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Melt butter and syrup over low heat on stovetop or in microwave.
- In a large bowl, combine butter mixture, baking soda, and allspice; mix well and let cool.
- Add rolled oats, flour, sugar, and chocolate chips or raisins, if desired; mix well. Press dough into prepared baking dish.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes then immediately cut into bars; let cool completely then cut through again.
- When we're craving peanut butter, we reach for one of our Peanut Butter Laced Oatmeal Bars. You can also try our diabetic-friendly recipe for The King's Oatmeal, which features oatmeal, peanut butter, and bananas!
- We think oatmeal makes a tasty ingredient in desserts, which is why we've put together a collection of 10 Easy Oatmeal Dessert Recipes.
- Like this recipe? Then you'll love the Mr. Food Light, Simple and Tasty Recipes free eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 21
- Calories 220
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10g 16 %
- Saturated Fat 5.9g 29 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 3.5g 7 %
- Cholesterol 23mg 8 %
- Sodium 198mg 8 %
- Total Carbohydrates 29g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.3g 9 %
- Sugars 10g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Potato pancakes are a symbolic and scrumptious treat commonly made for Hanukkah. Not only are they super crispy and really tasty, but thanks to the pre-shredded potatoes you can find at your favorite supermarket, these Simple Shredded Potato Pancakes are, well, simple to make!