PB & J Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Kids like PB & J, right? They also love cookies, so imagine if you married those. We did, and the results are guaranteed to create lots of smiles at your house.
What You'll Need
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup strawberry jelly (see Options)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except jelly. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed 2 minutes, or until blended and crumbly.
- Reserve 1 cup of peanut butter mixture. Spread remaining peanut butter mixture over bottom of baking dish. Spread jelly evenly over mixture and crumble reserved peanut butter mixture over top.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until topping is golden. Allow to cool completely, then cut into bars and serve.
- Sure, if strawberry isn't your favorite, you can use another flavor of jam or preserves in place of the strawberry jelly.
- We've got lots of other bar cookie recipes on our website, so check 'em out! A favorite around here is our Chocolate Caramel Pecan Squares!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Calories 326
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17g 26 %
- Saturated Fat 8.8g 44 %
- Trans Fat 0.5g 0 %
- Protein 4.7g 9 %
- Cholesterol 45mg 15 %
- Sodium 155mg 6 %
- Total Carbohydrates 40g 13 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.0g 4 %
- Sugars 24g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We're so crazy about carrots we like to use 'em in everything from soups to desserts. This recipe for Crazy Carrot Pancakes is a bit unexpected, but a lot welcomed, 'cause it's crazy easy, crazy good, and there's not a person who tries 'em who isn't crazy about 'em afterwards!