Seven Layers of Heaven
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Are you looking for a seven-layer dessert recipe? Look no further, because our seven layer cookie recipe is the God-send you've been waiting for! This appropriately named dessert is rich, flaky, and sweet. Cut our Seven Layers of Heaven into bars for an easy and heavenly anytime snack or dessert. We know this is a saintly seven-layer flavor combination that friends and family will find deliciously tempting.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (see Note)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
What to Do
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Pour melted butter evenly over bottom of an 8-inch square baking pan. Spread graham cracker crumbs evenly over butter. Layer with coconut then chocolate chips followed by peanut butter chips. Drizzle sweetened condensed milk over top and sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool then cut into bars.
- Be sure to use sweetened condensed milk, not evaporated milk.
- Seven Layers of Heaven made our reader favorites list for 2010! Check out all the top 20 recipes of 2010.
- If you're looking for even more of our favorite layered desserts, don't forget to check out our collection, Layered Desserts: Top 30 Layered Cakes, Trifles, Pies, and More.
- Fun Fact!
- Did you know that the tallest cake in history stood at 108 feet and 3 inches high? It was made in Jakarta, Indonesia for a Christmas celebration. Now that's a lot of layers in one dessert!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This recipe comes straight to you from a galaxy far, far away, as we celebrate Star Wars Galaxy's Edge in Disney's Hollywood Studios. If you head that way and explore the vast Star Wars galaxy, you might find yourself in Docking Bay 7 to fuel up. That's where we got the inspiration for our version of this Braised Shaak Roast. This hearty beef recipe teams up with cavatelli pasta and lots of veggies, for a flavor-packed combo that makes this hearty and comforting recipe something worth bringing home.