Snow-Topped Chocolate Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Creamy, rich chocolate between two sugary cookies and topped with "snow." Yum! These seasonal holiday cookie bars are festive and even tastier. They're perfect for holiday parties, cookie exchanges, and your kitchen table. You'll be so pleased with this recipe that you'll be making them year-round!
What You'll Need
- 1 (12-ounce) package (2 cups) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (5-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon almond extract, divided
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, combine chocolate chips, cream cheese, and evaporated milk; stirring constantly until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat. Add nuts and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract blend well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour granulated sugar, baking powder, salt, butter, eggs, vanilla, and the remaining almond extract. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press half of the crumb mixture into an ungreased 9- x 13-inch baking dish. Spread chocolate mixture over crumb mixture. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture (See Tip).
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until golden. Cool, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar then cut into bars.
Test Kitchen Tip:
- The top layer should be a crumby texture. If the dough for the top layer gets soft, pinch off small pieces and place them on top of the chocolate that way.
- These snow-topped treats are part of our 2016 Christmas Cookie Countdown!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You can count on lots of crispy edges when you make our recipe for Sheet Pan Mac 'n' Cheese! If your regular macaroni and cheese recipe is getting too routine, then you'll love this unique way of making a classic, cheesy, favorite. This is one the whole family will cheer for!