We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 6 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
Say goodbye to gloomy days with our recipe for Sunshine Squares. This dessert is fruity, creamy, and oh-so-yummy. It's sure to turn any frown upside-down!
What You'll Need
- 4 cups finely crushed toasted rice cereal
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 (4-serving) package lemon pie filling, prepared according to the package directions (see Note)
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 (15 -ounce) cans fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine cereal, butter, and sugar. Press 3 cups of cereal mixture into a 9- x 13-inch baking dish, forming a crust. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, until light golden; let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine pie filling, sweetened condensed milk, fruit cocktail, and lemon rind; mix well, then gently spread over crust. Cover evenly with whipped topping, then sprinkle with remaining cereal mixture. Cover and chill at least 6 hours, or until ready to serve.
Make sure to use lemon pie filling and not lemon pudding for the filling. You can substitute 1 (22-ounce) can of lemon pie filling for the boxed pie filling.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Calories 314
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18g 28 %
- Saturated Fat 11g 57 %
- Trans Fat 0.5g 0 %
- Protein 3.8g 8 %
- Cholesterol 53mg 18 %
- Sodium 236mg 10 %
- Total Carbohydrates 36g 12 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.9g 4 %
- Sugars 27g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
It's time to pinch pennies, so picking up a pack or two of chicken thighs will help you do that. But just because chicken thighs are a bargain doesn't mean they have to taste like a budget meal. Our recipe for Teriyaki Chicken Thighs proves it!