Country Store Hermit Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 Bar
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
This dessert brings back memories from childhood! Our Country Store Hermit Bars are filled with sweet cinnamon, raisins, and chocolate chips. All these ingredients come together to make a comforting dessert filled with cozy down-home flavors, just like Mom and Pop used to make. So head on down to your own country store, and make these yummy dessert bars today!
What You'll Need
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
- 2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chocolate chips
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 10- x 15-inch rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream together butter and brown sugar. Blend in eggs.
- On low speed, beat in water, then baking soda, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Gradually mix in flour, about a third at a time. Stir in remaining ingredients. Spread the batter in baking sheet, making sure you level it out.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until firm. Remove pan to a wire rack to cool, then cut into bars.
So Many Options!
- Feel free to add some chopped dates or dried cherries in place of the raisins or dried cranberries. You could even mix or match, there are no rules.
- We're just getting started when it comes to sweet treats! Be sure to check out our Easy Cookie Bar Recipes for more fun!
- To always have something sweet on hand, check out these Extraordinary Make-Ahead Desserts!
- Plus, if you're looking for something perfect, you're gonna love these To-Die-For Dessert Recipes with Cake Mix.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
We've got even more yummy desserts to share!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.