Asian Lettuce Wraps
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The latest trend in home cooking is copycat restaurant recipes! That's why we're making these fantastic Asian Lettuce Wraps; it's the delicious taste of eating out, from the comfort of your own kitchen. This recipe is a low carb, high protein way to enjoy a homemade taste of Asia. The best part? There's no tipping required.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped pickled ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 14 Boston Bibb or butter lettuce leaves (1 head)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup shredded cucumber
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté beef, onion, salt, and pepper 5 to 6 minutes or until browned; drain liquid. Add hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, pickled ginger, and garlic and heat 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Place lettuce leaves on serving platter and top each with a spoonful of the cooked beef mixture, the carrots, and cucumber. Serve immediately.
- Add your own personality by topping each with a bit of your favorite Asian dipping sauces. Put out bowls of them along with some chopped peanuts, and have a ball!
- For more fun with Asian cuisine, try our General Tso's Chicken, our 5-Minute Beef Stir Fry, or our Imperial Pork Pot Stickers.
- If you love international flavors, you'll love our collection of International Favorites!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You won't need a passport for our Tuscan Chicken One Pot. The heavenly aroma and succulent taste will make you feel like you're sitting at sidewalk bistro in Tuscany. It's the marinara sauce and white wine that really takes this easy chicken dinner recipe to the next level. And one pot recipes are known for their easy clean up, so it really will seem like a vacation in your very own home!