We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It doesn't matter what the get-together is called, a buffet, a celebration, a party, this entrée should be on the guest list.
What You'll Need
- 1 (4- to 4-1/2-pound) fresh brisket of beef
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, cleaned and halved
- 3 small onions, quartered
- 10 cloves garlic
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place brisket in large roasting pan that has been coated with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine mushrooms, onions, garlic, tomato paste, water, salt, and pepper. Pour mixture over meat. Place bay leaf into sauce in pan.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and cook 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until brisket is fork tender. When brisket is completely cooked, slice it across grain; return it to pan and cook an additional 5 minutes.
Serve this with the pan juices.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We love it when a recipe is so light and creamy it literally just melts in your mouth. This delicious peanut butter fudge recipe does just that! Seriously, they say everything in moderation, but this sweet treat isn't going to make it easy.