We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This recipe is an oldie but a goodie! We know you're going to love this simple Beef Stroganoff recipe because it's an old-world classic comfort dish. You won't want to miss it! This savory recipe is traditionally served over buttered noodles, but you can create something just as perfect by serving it with mashed potatoes. It's up to you, but one thing's for sure: it's gonna be great.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup sour cream
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add steak strips, onion, and garlic; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until steak is no longer pink, stirring frequently.
- Add flour and pepper; mix well. Add both soups and the mushrooms; mix well. Reduce heat to low and simmer 8 to 10 minutes, or until beef is tender.
- Just before serving, stir in sour cream and cook 2 to 4 more minutes, or until mixture is heated through. Serve immediately.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- To make cutting the steak easier, pop it in the freezer for about 15 minutes before slicing. That should make it the perfect texture to cut.
- For a complete stroganoff dinner, serve this over a steaming bowl of our Dutch Noodles!
- Make this a freezer-friendly recipe: Follow recipe above. Allow food to cool, store in freezer-safe container, and freeze. When ready to eat, thaw food in the fridge (usually takes a day) and reheat over medium-low heat in a saucepan on the stove. Serve and enjoy!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This Crowd-Pleasing Brisket doesn't require a ton of fuss. There's no seasoning rub or long hours in a smoker required. Plus, since it's made with our own easy throw-together sauce, you better believe the flavors are bold!This melt-in-your-mouth brisket recipe is the perfect meal for any holiday, get-together, or anytime you feel like treating yourself. It's so easy and so flavorful, the crowd will think you worked all day!