Broiled Steak with Spicy Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
In the Midwest, a hearty, satisfying meal is the rule at dinnertime. And, boy, does Broiled Steak with Spicy Potatoes sure satisfy!
What You'll Need
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 large baking potatoes, washed (not pared) and cut into 1/2-inch-thick diagonal slices
- 1 pound frozen boneless beef tp sirloin steak, cut 1-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Additional salt, optional
What to Do
- Preheat the broiler.
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, coriander, cumin, garlic powder, oregano, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper to make a spicy seasoning mix; set aside.
- Arrange potatoes on one half of a broiler pan(s); place frozen steak on the other half. In a small bowl, combine oil and 2 teaspoons spicy seasoning mix; brush potatoes with half the mixture.
- Broil 1 side of the steak and potatoes, with surface of steak about 5 inches from heat, for about 14 minutes; turn steak and potatoes. Brush potatoes with remaining seasoned oil and continue broiling steak and potatoes for 13 to 18 minutes more, or until the steak is rare (140 degrees F.) to medium (160 degrees F.).
- Remove steak to a serving platter, keeping it warm, and continue broiling potatoes for 8 to 10 minutes more, or until tender. Season steak and potatoes with additional salt, if desired.
These potatoes can be made without the steak if you just want to make Spicy Potatoes. And you can make the spicy seasoning mix in advance and store it in an airtight container; shake before using.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Feel-Good Smoothie Bowl features the perfect blend of fresh-from-the-freezer fruit, almond milk and honey. It's a healthier way to start your day, since each bowl is loaded with vitamins and nutrients. And if you top each bowl with a little granola and extra fruit, you'll be adding even more goodness to your morning meal!