Creamed Chipped Beef
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's creamy, it's beefy, and it's downright delicious. Creamy Chipped Beef is a diner favorite, and one that you can easily make at home. We like to serve chipped beef when we're craving a down-home, comforting kind of breakfast (or breakfast for dinner!).
What You'll Need
- 2 (2.25-ounce) jars sliced dried beef, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices white bread, toasted and cut in half diagonally
What to Do
- Place beef in a medium bowl and add enough warm water to cover. Soak 2 minutes; drain.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter; add flour, onion powder, salt, and pepper and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add milk and Worcestershire sauce; mix well.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and stir in beef. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until sauce is thickened, stirring constantly.
- Spoon an equal amount of beef mixture over each piece of toast. Serve immediately.
Just a Suggestion!
- Top these with a freshly-fried egg for a meal that'll keep 'em full for the rest of the morning! Or even try out any of our fabulous egg bakes! We recommend the Hash Brown Breakfast Pie!
- You can substitute the toast for a batch of homemade Better Buttermilk Biscuits.
- For more fun breakfast recipes, try our King Ranch Breakfast Bake, our Strawberry Muffins, our our Farmer's Breakfast Cake.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 291
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 13g 20 %
- Saturated Fat 7.5g 37 %
- Trans Fat 0.5g 0 %
- Protein 17g 34 %
- Cholesterol 58mg 19 %
- Sodium 1,516mg 63 %
- Total Carbohydrates 27g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.9g 4 %
- Sugars 8.8g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're new to the world of "melting potatoes," then you're in for a real treat! Melting potatoes are potatoes that are crispy on the outside and melty-delicious on the inside. We used sweet potatoes in this recipe to make a version that's perfect for Thanksgiving. Our Melting Sweet Potatoes feature a maple glaze and a pecan topping for extra goodness.