Country Style Salisbury Steak
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Country Style Salisbury Steak is a novel twist on the diner classic. Our version adds the surprise benefit of mixing veggies right into the patties. Finicky veggie eaters just might have a tasty change of heart when they chow down on this one.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, finely chopped, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) can cut green beans, drained and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups beef broth
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, 1/2 cup chopped onion, the green beans, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Mix well and form into 6 oval-shaped patties.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add patties and place remaining chopped onion around them. Cook 10 minutes, turning halfway through the cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the flour, beef broth, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add to skillet and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes, or until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally. Serve patties topped with sauce.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Just because we have our weeknight routines, well, that doesn't mean they have to be boring. Sure, there are a lot of delicious shrimp fried rice recipes out there, but the secret that makes ours stand apart is chilling the rice before we cook it. It makes the fried rice lighter, and it won't get mushy later on. .