Dining Car Steak
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
Nothing fancy here - just good, old-fashioned steak prepared with garlic and butter. Dining Car Steak makes a mouthwatering dinner that your family will love. It feels like fine dining, but is as easy as your favorite weeknight dinner. Lucky for you, you don't need to board a train to experience luxury!
What You'll Need
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 strip steaks (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
In a small bowl, combine butter, garlic, lemon juice, and parsley; mix well. Spoon mixture down the center of a 12-inch-square piece of wax paper and roll into a 1-inch-thick log. Wrap ends tightly and refrigerate about 1 hour or until firm.
Meanwhile, sprinkle both sides of the steaks with onion powder, salt, and pepper.
In a grill pan or on your grill over medium-high heat, cook steaks 10 to 12 minutes or until desired doneness, turning halfway through. If you are using a meat thermometer, the temperature should be 135 degrees for medium-rare.
Place steaks on a platter and top each with a couple of slices of the herbed butter. The heat from the steaks will melt the butter and flavor the steaks. Store any unused herbed butter in the refrigerator.
Check This Out!
- We love a good steak! That's why we've got a few different ways to prepare it. Don't miss our English Pub Steak Sandwiches, or our Flank Steak Pinwheels. They're sure to be mouthwatering!
- Do you like steak toppers? Try our "Steak Out" Veggies, or our Onion Strings! Don't forget to serve this steak recipe with a side of our Steakhouse Creamed Spinach.
- For even more tasty steak options, check out our Diner-Style Salisbury Steak and our Marinated Steak Nachos!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
For a fresh and quick meal, whip up our Fresh Garden Pasta! Made with all the warm weather favorites, like zucchini, summer squash, and onion chunks, our garden veggie angel pasta is a flavorful symphony of flavors. Dig in to enjoy the combination of roasted veggies that rests beautifully on top of some angel hair pasta! But the best part of this summer pasta recipe? It's totally budget-friendly! Plus, you can easily swap out your roasted veggies based on what's in your kitchen or available at the local farmer's market.