Fall-off-the-Bone Short Ribs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These tender Fall-off-the-Bone Short Ribs get their flavor from our secret ingredient, and it's sure to surprise you! It adds a ton of flavor that we know you're gonna love. Wanna know what it is? A crumbled slice of Pumpernickle bread! This recipe is a hearty, stick-to-your ribs recipe (no pun intended) that is perfect anytime of the year!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 1/2 to 4 pounds beef short ribs
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed onion soup
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 slice pumpernickel bread, crumbled
What to Do
- In a soup pot over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot. Brown short ribs 6 to 8 minutes; drain.
- Add remaining ingredients except bread and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook 1-1/2 to 2 hours, or until ribs are fork-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in crumbled pumpernickel and serve.
Test Kitchen Tip
- If you're wondering, "Hmm, what do pumpernickel bread crumbs add to this?" Well, you’ll be pleasantly surprised to know, they add a rich nutty flavor that takes this recipe to the next level!
- For more short ribs recipes, check out our Barbecued Short Ribs, these hearty Beefed Up Short Ribs, or these yummy Savory Short Ribs!
- Complete the meal with some Award Winning Mashed Potatoes and this amazing Roasted Onion Salad!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
For more easy weeknight dinners, download our free ecookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Easy Cheesy Cottage Pie requires just a few ingredients and you can have it on the table in less than 30 minutes. Seriously! It doesn't get much better than a traditional cottage pie recipe that you can make in a snap. Plus, this cottage pie recipe uses simple family-favorite ingredients, so the whole gang is sure to love it.