Fall-off-the-Bone Short Ribs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These tender Fall-off-the-Bone Short Ribs get their flavor from our secret ingredient, and it's sure to surprise you! It adds a ton of flavor that we know you're gonna love. Wanna know what it is? A crumbled slice of Pumpernickle bread! This recipe is a hearty, stick-to-your ribs recipe (no pun intended) that is perfect anytime of the year!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 1/2 to 4 pounds beef short ribs
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed onion soup
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 slice pumpernickel bread, crumbled
What to Do
- In a soup pot over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot. Brown short ribs 6 to 8 minutes; drain.
- Add remaining ingredients except bread and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook 1-1/2 to 2 hours, or until ribs are fork-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in crumbled pumpernickel and serve.
Test Kitchen Tip
- If you're wondering, "Hmm, what do pumpernickel bread crumbs add to this?" Well, you’ll be pleasantly surprised to know, they add a rich nutty flavor that takes this recipe to the next level!
- For more short ribs recipes, check out our Barbecued Short Ribs, these hearty Beefed Up Short Ribs, or these yummy Savory Short Ribs!
- Complete the meal with some Award Winning Mashed Potatoes and this amazing Roasted Onion Salad!