Flank Steak Fajitas
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This Mexican restaurant favorite is a cinch to make at home. Flank Steak Fajitas are a family-friendly weeknight meal, you'll want to make again and again.
What You'll Need
- 1 (1- to 1-1/2-pound) skirt or flank steak
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 scallions (green onions), sliced
- 2 avocados, seeded, peeled and sliced
- sour cream for topping (optional)
- Bottled salsa for topping (optional)
What to Do
- Partially freeze the steak for easier slicing. Slice steak across the grain into 1/2-inch strips. In a large bowl, mix the lime juice, olive oil, and garlic. Add meat; cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, turning occasionally (overnight is best.)
- In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil; fry meat quickly over medium-high heat until browned. Remove from heat.
- Fill each tortilla with about 3/4 cup meat. Divide cheese, lettuce, tomato, green pepper, scallions and avocado slices among the tortillas. Serve with sour cream and salsa, if desired.