Frikadeller (Danish Meatballs)
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 36 meatballs (more if you make them teaspoon-sized)
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
This is an all-time favorite! It's a delicious main dish or a simple party hors d'oeuvre. And we have it on good authority that this is just how they taste in Denmark!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground veal or ground pork
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 onion, grated
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) butter, melted, plus more for frying
What to Do
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients except the butter; blend thoroughly. Let stand 15 minutes, to allow the flour to absorb the water.
- Shape meatballs using a tablespoon dipped in the melted butter. (You can use a teaspoon to get cocktail-size meatballs for a party.)
- In a large skillet, heat butter until very hot. Reduce heat to medium and fry meatballs for about 5 minutes per side, until golden brown.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
For a fresh and quick meal, whip up our Fresh Garden Pasta! Made with all the warm weather favorites, like zucchini, summer squash, and onion chunks, our garden veggie angel pasta is a flavorful symphony of flavors. Dig in to enjoy the combination of roasted veggies that rests beautifully on top of some angel hair pasta! But the best part of this summer pasta recipe? It's totally budget-friendly! Plus, you can easily swap out your roasted veggies based on what's in your kitchen or available at the local farmer's market.