Hillbilly One Pot
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you're wanting an easy, savory recipe, then it's time to rustle up our Hillbilly One Pot. It's loaded with ground beef, black eyed peas, and other ingredients that will bring the flavors of the South to your kitchen! Know what's great about one pot recipes? Clean up is a breeze, which means our Hillbilly One Pot allows you more time to spend with the family. It's a budget-friendly, all-in-one recipe you have to try!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 4 cups beef broth
- 3 (15.5-ounce) cans black eyed peas, not drained
- 3 potatoes, peeled, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a soup pot over medium heat, saute ground beef 5 to 6 minutes or until browned, stirring frequently and breaking up the meat as it cooks.
- Add remaining ingredients, stir to combine and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 30 to 35 minutes, or until potatoes are fork-tender and all the flavors blend together.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip
- If you are not familiar with smoked paprika, this is a great recipe to start with. It adds a rich, smoky flavor to the dish. You can usually find smoked paprika in the spice aisle of your local grocery store.
- Check out other recipes with great down-home flavor, like Hillbilly Baked Beans and Hillbilly Ribs!
- Our Quick and Easy One Pot Recipes are perfect for minimal clean up and maximum flavor! Try them out, and you'll see exactly why Howard is a fan of one pot recipes!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
It's time to pinch pennies, so picking up a pack or two of chicken thighs will help you do that. But just because chicken thighs are a bargain doesn't mean they have to taste like a budget meal. Our recipe for Teriyaki Chicken Thighs proves it!