Hoisin BBQ Steak on a Stick
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Making dinner can bring double the rewards if you enter your own recipe creations in a cooking contest! This winning entry from the National Beef Cook-Off proves that cooking contests are worth checking out!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced hothouse cucumber (see Options)
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar (optional)
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1-inch thick (see Options)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt (optional)
What to Do
- Combine the pineapple, red pepper, cucumber, and rice vinegar in a small bowl; set aside. Combine the ketchup and hoisin sauce in another small bowl; set aside.
- Thread the beef pieces evenly onto four 10- to 12-inch metal skewers. Season kabobs evenly with black pepper and brush generously with some reserved sauce mixture.
- Place the kabobs on a rack in a broiler pan so the surface of the beef is 3 to 4 inches from the heat. Broil 7 to 9 minutes for medium-rare to medium doneness, turning once and brushing with remaining sauce mixture halfway through cooking.
- Season beef with salt, if desired. Serve kabobs topped with pineapple mixture.
Two beef shoulder top blade (flat iron) steaks (8 ounces each) may be substituted for top sirloin steak; the broiling time remains the same. You may also use a regular cucumber - just remove the seeds. And for easier preparation, you can use peeled, cored, and sliced fresh pineapple, available in the supermarket produce section.
Recipe courtesy of the Beef Checkoff Program
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 250
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2g 10 %
- Saturated Fat 2.2g 11 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 32g 65 %
- Cholesterol 85mg 28 %
- Sodium 431mg 18 %
- Total Carbohydrates 15g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.4g 5 %
- Sugars 12g 0 %