Hot Beef Sundaes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The Iowa State Fair is famous for serving up this savory dish that looks a lot like one of our favorite ice cream desserts. In fact, that's the point! Hot Beef Sundaes may look like ice cream sundaes, but they're actually made with some of our favorite comfort foods: mashed potatoes, roast beef, gravy, and a cherry (tomato) on top!
What You'll Need
- 1 (16-ounce) container refrigerated mashed potatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated cooked roast beef with gravy or au jus
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cherry tomatoes
What to Do
- Heat mashed potatoes and roast beef according to package directions. Pull beef apart into chunks.
- Evenly distribute mashed potatoes between 3 bowls, then evenly top with beef and gravy. Sprinkle each with cheese and place a tomato on top.
- If the gravy that comes with your roast beef is too thin, all you've got to do is whisk in 1 teaspoon of flour to thicken it.
- Here's a cool and refreshing way to wash this down and to stay in a State Fair "state of mind"-- Lip-Smackin' Lemon Shake-Up!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Calories 452
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20g 31 %
- Saturated Fat 8.0g 40 %
- Trans Fat 1.0g 0 %
- Protein 43g 86 %
- Cholesterol 123mg 41 %
- Sodium 976mg 41 %
- Total Carbohydrates 27g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.5g 10 %
- Sugars 2.7g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.