Jamaican Jerk Steak
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Make a big batch of this to have on hand as a seasoning sprinkle for steaks, chops, and roasts when you want a quick taste of the tropics at your fingertips.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
- 1/4 cup dried thyme
- 1/4 cup ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons kosher (coarse) salt
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (1-1/2 to 2 pounds) boneless beef top sirloin or top round steak, 1 inch thick
What to Do
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the oil and steak; mix well. Remove 1 to 2 tablespoons of the seasoning mixture and press it into both sides of the steak.
- Reserve the remaining "Jerk" mixture in an airtight plastic container for future use.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat and add the steak. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 7 to 9 minutes, until desired doneness, turning halfway through the cooking.