We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Want a change from a traditional roast? This Mediterranean roast is rubbed with herbs and roasted with vegetables to make a flavor-packed roast thatâ€™s perfect for Easter, Christmas, and any other holiday or special event you're hosting.
What You'll Need
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (2-pound) beef eye round roast
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 yellow squash, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup cherry tomato halves
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 325 degree F.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, the dried oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the pepper; mix well.
- Place beef in a roasting pan and rub with seasoning mix; roast for 45 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, the lemon juice, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; mix well. Add zucchini, yellow squash, and cherry tomatoes; toss to coat completely.
- Place vegetables around beef then roast 45 more minutes for medium doneness, or until desired doneness. Slice roast and serve with vegetables.
Recipe adapted from and courtesy of the Beef Board
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These are a real Southern specialty; if you've never had the chance to try them, you'd better get ready to eat more than one! These Tangy Pickled Eggs are an old-fashioned Southern recipe that is now easy to make at home! Just a few easy steps and simple ingredients and you'll be making Tangy Pickled Eggs in no time!