Melt in Your Mouth Swiss Steak
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Once you see how tender this steak is, you'll be yodeling for more!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds cubed steak
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 3/4 cup chopped celery (about 1 stalk)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (1 small onion),
- 1 can (14 ½ ounces) sliced carrots
- 1 jar (28 ounces) spaghetti sauce
What to Do
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, salt, and pepper; coat the steak with the mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat 4 tablespoons of the oil over medium-high heat; add the steak and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Remove the steak from the skillet and set aside. In the same skillet, heat the two remaining tablespoons of oil over medium-high heat and sauté the celery and onion for about 5 minutes or until tender. Add the carrot slices and spaghetti sauce and mix well. Add the steak to the mixture, reduce the heat to low, and simmer (uncovered) for 10 minutes or until warmed through.
This is even better the day after you make it!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 747
- Calories from Fat 365
- Total Fat 41g 62 %
- Saturated Fat 10g 51 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 55g 110 %
- Cholesterol 156mg 52 %
- Sodium 2,162mg 90 %
- Total Carbohydrates 38g 13 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.7g 11 %
- Sugars 13g 0 %