Old Standby Pot Roast
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's a recipe that you can always rely on for good old fashioned taste. Our Old Standby Pot Roast has so much long-cooked flavor, it's the perfect way to turn a less-expensive beef cut into a tasty and tender meal.
What You'll Need
- 3 to 3- pounds beef bottom round roast
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced carrot (1 to 2 carrots)
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place roast in a baking pan.
- Combine remaining ingredients in medium-sized bowl and pour over meat.
- Bake 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until meat is fork-tender.
Make sure you serve this with the pan drippings. They've got so much flavor!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When you've got fresh peaches, it only takes a few ingredients to make something spectacular. This easy pie recipe is a slice of Southern heaven and best served with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. Everyone will be dreamy-eyed with full bellies when you serve our Peachy Keen Cream Pie.