Onion Smothered Strip Steak
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Mmm...steak and onions. What could be better? I guess just steak and onions done in a flash (like this)!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 medium-sized onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 4 (8-ounce) beef loin strip steaks
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat and add the onions, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook for 18 to 20 minutes or until the onions are very tender and have begun to brown, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle the remaining salt and pepper and the garlic powder over the steaks on both sides and place on a rimmed cookie sheet.
- Broil for 7 to 9 minutes for medium-rare or until desired doneness, turning halfway through the cooking.
- Cover the steak evenly with the onions and serve.
Try this with your favorite cut of steak, or even beef or calves' liver. They all work!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Add a little spookiness to your Halloween party fare with our recipe for Cookie Eyeballs. These cookie balls are so easy and fun to make, you'll want the kids and grand kids to help. Once they're done, everyone will enjoy these ghostly, "eye popping" treats!