Peppercorn Steak with Mushroom Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Wanna know our secret to this Peppercorn Steak with Mushroom Sauce? It's the flavor that the steak picks up from simmering in the wine. But don't tell anyone, this is our little secret.
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon cracked peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 beef tenderloin steaks (1-inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or canned beef broth
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to Broil. Combine cracked peppercorns and salt. Sprinkle both sides of steaks evenly with peppercorn mixture.
- Place steaks on a lightly greased rack of a broiler pan; broil 5-1/2 inches from heat 5 to 6 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness.
- While steaks broil, heat oil over medium-high heat, and sauté mushrooms and onions 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Add wine; simmer 1 minute.
- Place steaks on a serving platter; spoon mushroom mixture over steaks.
To get the most punch from your pepper, crack your own peppercorns for this recipe. Freshly cracked pepper is more pungent than the ground pepper in cans or jars.