Porterhouse for Two
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's the perfect excuse to serve a romantic dinner for you and your sweetheart -- Porterhouse for Two, just like the name says!
What You'll Need
- 1 beef porterhouse steak, 2 inches thick (about 2 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
What to Do
- Rub the steak with 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, the salt, and pepper.
- In a large skillet over high heat, heat remaining oil Add the steak and place the onions and garlic around it. Brown steak about 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, then turn steak and onions over; cover and cook 10 to 12 minutes for medium-rare, or until desired doneness.
- Cut the beef away from the bone, slice across the grain and serve topped with the caramelized onions.
What's a better side dish than creamed spinach - and it's so easy! Just sauté a chopped onion in a little butter and add a package of frozen spinach that's been thawed and drained, salt (if desired), pepper, and 1/2 cup heavy cream. Stir until hot and thickened.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.